Monday, January 05, 2009

Ever wonder?

Ever wonder what a strawberry flavored honey stick would look like cut up in 17 pieces?

I don't. It is really sticky and really red.

Ever wonder what a bathroom looks like after a just 2 year old is playing tea set in the bathtub and poops in the water and then puts it all out on the rug to try and clean it up?

I don't. It is really yucky.

Even wonder what carrot juice looks like when it is spilled on the living room carpet, the ottoman, a down quilt and a comforter cover?

I don't. It is probably the orangest thing I have ever seen. A really pretty color, anywhere but there.

I could go on but those are the most recent new messes that we have invented. We are over a week into this illness and Jan is still laid out on the couch with a double ear infection and a fever. Alec is the only one who is really better. We got some school done this morning and maybe we will see David for an hour this afternoon. He has worked more than 90 hours in the last 6 days and I think that we have finally managed to give him what we have had since Christmas.

I remember now why winter is not my favorite season. It is a good season for schoolwork, though. If we lived in a temperate climate it might be hard to buckle down and study. I think we might like to try it out though.

No comments: