Saturday, September 08, 2007

Mommy tip

I guess it would be a tip for anyone caring for children. I discovered it in a time of desperation and it is forever burned into my memory as one of my most brilliant moments. The only audience was my four children and only one of them noticed; not Pati grinning in the stroller or Alec worrying about getting to push the elevator button once we got back to the elevator or Anne touching everything in the bathroom she shouldn't - just Jan, sick as a dog.
If you are ever in a public place and need something portable and disposable to catch any kind of mess, just look under the garbage bag in the rest room. They keep whole rolls of extra garbage bags. Tear one off the roll and you have a portable throw up bowl or whatever. I had to do it twice from two different bathrooms as we were caught in a large office building with an appointment to keep and Jan was suddenly very nauseated. And I knew exactly what she had had for breakfast. Alot.

2 comments:

Nate and Robyn Copper said...

Oh, POOOR YOU!!!!!!! That must have been quite a day. Man, Wish I was there to help.

Thanks for the tip. I have actually needed something 'portable' often when out so I'll look there next time.

rpkkj said...

Good idea! Just wait til you're old like me, you'll have lots of barf stories. One time Joey threw up during the night on the Amtrak train... I only had the clothes I was wearing and he covered me with it! He went right back to sleep, and I had to go downstairs to the little bathroom and wash myself off as best as I could. Of course the next morning he woke up cheerful and couldn't remember what he did to me during the night. That was probably my worst barf experience.