Thursday, March 08, 2007

Springtime?



While I was putting the kids to bed I was cold. We keep our house at a refreshing temperature so I just thought that I should put on another sweatshirt. After an hour I was really cold, so I looked at the thermostat and it said 60. That is a little chilly even for us. This was a night that David was able to give me a call from the hospital so I asked him for tips on how to get the furnace started again. They were good ideas but none of them worked. I trekked down to the basement and drug out all of the feather quilts and heavy blankets that we had and draped them over the kids, covered Pati up carefully and then we all had a good nights sleep. When we woke up it was 50 degrees inside. We had a fresh 6 inches of snow outside and it was about 17 degrees. Everyone looked so cute with little red noses and rosy cheeks. We drank hot tea, put on snow hats and all swaddled up in blankets on the couch. David got home and built a fire (we had enough firewood for one fire, but we had not used the fireplace yet and I wasn't brave enough to risk a chimney on fire or a smokefilled house). The house warmed up a little and by about 2:00 the furnace was fixed and working just fine.
Maybe today it is a little too warm in here because the kids have been begging to go outside all morning. I finally let them when they finished chores and it got into the 20's outside. I am ready for spring but it keeps snowing! The kids don't seem tired of it, they are inside now eating yet another bowl of snow with honey on it. I feel like I should put up another Christmas tree.

No comments: