Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The big storm

Today I was glad for 4-wheel drive. We were hit with about 16 inches of new snow on top of the 12 that were already there. I had fun off-roading it in the big rig at 5 this am as I zipped past all of the honda civics in the world who were trying to swim down the street. Due to the heavy weather, school and most government offices were closed, doctors and patients cancelled surgery, and that all added up to a fairly light day of work, meaning my senior resident sent me home around 1pm when I got my work all done.

Took the kids sledding at our local park, but due to the heavy snow they were having a very difficult time walking back up the hill, so we just made a few passes and called it quits.
Tried my hand at converting video off from the day and have posted it on google for all the world to see.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4260019235756321422&pr=goog-sl

If that doesn't work, you can email me and I will send you the link.

I am now going to be on call for a good stretch, so I may be quiet until March.

Getting to do lots more surgery, and getting to be quite the seamstress.

More later.

David

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video worked great. That is a lot of snow. Looks like fun. We are in the rainy time now for quite a while.

Seamstress huh? Now I guess you know what to fall back on if this doctor thing doesn't work out:).

Love you

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Kristi- I'm sitting here in a tank top I'm so warm, turned off the stove , stipped the baby(my little babysitting gal)down to a t-shirt and pants. Weather a crazy thing.
I would trade a tank top for your snow anyday.
Video was great. All I can do it get on an comment on OTHER peoples blog..... :O) Enjoy your winter wonderland- Go SUV's :O)
Mindi